Vauxhall Combo 1.3 diesel (2013) gearbox options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of swapping the engine on my 2013 Combo 1.3, and I would like to know if a 6 speed gearbox can be used as a straight swap for the standard 5 speed. If so:
1. What are suitable donor vehicles?
2. What part numbers/codes correspond to suitable 'boxes?
3. Where can I find information on the various gearbox's gear ratios and final drive ratio?
4. Will I need more than the gearbox to make a successful conversion from 5 speed to 6 speed?

Kind regards, MM

Sponsored Links
I am in the process of swapping the engine on my 2013 Combo 1.3, and I would like to know if a 6 speed gearbox can be used as a straight swap for the standard 5 speed. If so:
1. What are suitable donor vehicles?
2. What part numbers/codes correspond to suitable 'boxes?
3. Where can I find information on the various gearbox's gear ratios and final drive ratio?
4. Will I need more than the gearbox to make a successful conversion from 5 speed to 6 speed?

Kind regards, MM
You’d be better asking that on a dedicated owners forum but you will definately need the gearshift/linkage assembly. Will a 1.3 have the oomph for a 6th gear?

Thank you, I'll try the VX Vauxhall owners' site, though that site may be dominated by boy racer types!
As for grunt, the van will be lightly loaded for the majority of the time, and when it's not there's always 5th gear.

Sponsored Links
Unless there is a six speed box specifically designed - ratio wise- for the 1.3 lump I think there would be a huge risk of the van being overdriven ......the consequences of which would make the van slower than before, poor on hills and worse fuel consumption.
In theory, every vehicle could pull a higher gear but it just doesn’t work out that way.
Do give us updates if you go down that route though!
John

Back