vauxhall corsa 1.0l 12v 1999 losing power when warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there i have the car above and am having problems when my car is warm its losing power really bad just dose not want to pick up speed and no engine light,i have just had my timing chain done new crank sensor and coolant sensor about a year ago i had new throttle sensor and idle control sensor.car is fine when cold just when warm, starts up fine no missing and ticks over fine,when warm any suggestion would be great thanks .o its been back to the garage and timing chain has not slipped they said

Sponsored Links
it sounds as if the coolant temperature sensor has failed again, if you do buy another make sure its a genuine vauxhall one.

i have had i diag today and no codes have come up ,i got the part from euro parts .i am thinking MAF

Sponsored Links
tried that car running the same ,it only seems to do it after about 10-20 mins what else could it be with no codes coming up ??? could this still be the temp sensor or the MAF

Cleaning the air filter won't do any harm. Wish i could help more. I'll keep my eyes pealed.

Cheers pal. Wel i have orderd new maf any way when this comes i will put it on and clean air filter and c how it goes cos i have just had new oli filter and fuel filter . If any body can help please drop a post thanks ..

good luck with it, horrid cars!
Had a similar problem on a mates car 2 years ago and ended up changing the maf, cts and lambda sensor and it still didnt run 100%
He scrapped it a year later!

Wel the maf should be here today so i wil c how it gose if am still having problems then guna get a tech 2 diag cos am selling it in sept, and will never by a corsa again guna go for a ford next .not even had the car two year and av had nuthing but problems ,why carnt engine be like the old days wiv no sensors ??

Sponsored Links
Back