Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI Error Code P0171

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have been experiencing the same problem with my car for a couple of months now, with the check engine light coming and going intermittently, with it staying around longer, and coming back sooner after I clear the codes on my reader.

The problems I've been experiencing -

1) Excess fuel usage.
2) Car surging whilst idle (When stopping and starting in traffic car will stick to 2000 revs when out of gear for a few seconds)
3) Loss of power whilst accelerating.

I have read some solutions online with people recommending to replace the Purge control valve and the Lambda sensors, but I would like to receive some further guidance to pinpoint the issue further to make sure I get it right.

Any replies will be appreciated!

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-28_10-31-56.png
    upload_2021-4-28_10-31-56.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 169
  • upload_2021-4-28_10-32-4.png
    upload_2021-4-28_10-32-4.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 205
Sponsored Links
With engine idling take off oil filler cap does it make a difference if it does it could be the breather diaphragm in cover split.
Can always take purge valve off and try and blow through it if you can then it is naff.
Lambda sensors are probably just flagging the problem via the fuel trim readings.

Sponsored Links
With engine idling take off oil filler cap does it make a difference if it does it could be the breather diaphragm in cover split.
Can always take purge valve off and try and blow through it if you can then it is naff.
Lambda sensors are probably just flagging the problem via the fuel trim readings.

Took the purge control valve off and i can breathe straight through it, I now have another one ordered to arrive next week

Back