Vauxhall Corsa software.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought an '04 1.2 Corsa, mainly for daughters' to use. Today, I have invite from local Vauxhall dealership to go in for a free software update, and I did not buy from them. Assuming they are not referring to my 2000 Vectra, I wonder how they know I have recently bought a used Corsa? However, do Vauxhall regularly invite owners for free software updates of their cars? Is there a 'catch' to it? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
If this is a "recall" where there is a potentially dangerous failure (of a part or a function) involved, then VOSA and DVLA are brought in to ensure all owners are cotacted through the DVLA records. If it is a "vouluntary" upgrade which would normally be done as part of an annual service (by the franchised dealer) then either the dealer, or Vauxhall themselves have a paid arrangement with the DVLA to contact registered owners of the targetted vehicles on their behalf - or that is how I understand it.

Astra99, thanks for reply. I'll phone dealer tomorrow, it just seemed odd that I have this letter just 2 weeks after buying the car, they must be efficient!

Sponsored Links
Back