Vauxhall Nova Master Cylinder/Brake Reservoir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am over hauling a Vauxhall Nova for my son who is just about to go for his driving test.
I have to install a new brake master cylinder and I need 2 new rubber seals that go between the brake reservoir and the master cylinder (where the reservoir enters the cylinder), but according to Vauxhall they only ever sold the rubber seals with the reservoir and they have now stopped producing it altogether.

Any ideas where I could get these seals?

Many thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
If anyone is going to have them then these people will.

do a google search for brakeparts and it'll be the first site you hit.

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already searched Google, but all I can come up with is breakers yards, who only have second hand reservoirs, and obviously the rubber seals on these are used.

Surely there must be someone who sells these 2 rubber seals? I cannot even find anyone who sells new reservoirs.

Regards

Mickey

Hi Mickey

I had a similar problem with a Volvo (only sold with a new reservoir).
I went to a bearing and seal distributers that had a sales counter (Arrow Bearings) with the old seals and they matched them (40p).Problem solved.

;)

Sponsored Links
Brake Parts: http://www.brakesint.co.uk/ based in rochdale but they do mail order.

also, try your local autofactors, brake masters dont usually come with reservoirs on them, so they will probably do the seals

try searching for ap or ap autella, lucas girling or lsuk one of these should be able to provide you with a repair kit.

regards

try vauhall suppliers in germany if really stuck there prices are cheap i got one for me mates 2 ltr and i carnt recall it being to much

many thanks dane

Sponsored Links
Back