Brake oil seems to have suddenly stopped leaking, whereas I was topping in up every 100 - 200 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As many of you may know my vauxhall vectraa 1.9 cdti 120 bhp had developed an issue in that the level in the brake fluid reservoir was dropping and would need topping up about every 100 - 200 miles. the level would drop about 0.5 - 1 inch within every 100 or 200 miles.

However for the week or so the level in the brake fluid reservoir looks to be full and not dropped, it is still near the top of the bottle and if it has dropped then it must only be a very small about like literally a few ml if it has actually lost any since.

How can the brake oil need topping up every 100 - 200 miles ( warning light for oil would come on when level was low ) to not needing topping up and looking like the brake oil level has suddenly stopped falling ???

The ABS light has come on a few times while driving then goes out other times, not sure if thats related ??

edit : to those who don't know, 3 different garages have looked it over , some say brake pipe leaking other 2 garages said they see no leaks. one said brake master cylinder so I am confused.

Sponsored Links
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back