I'm scared to change the oil because I think I stripped the sump threads last time, but it needsdoin

go on, just a few more posts - if we get to 10 pages all @johnny2007 hair will all fall out or something.

but seriously I wasn't hijacking your thread, I just asked mottie about something he said earlier on, so its probably him what done it, not me
Not much to lose on my head I'm afraid :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
No matter what filter I remove, I never end up with oil everywhere. Spilling oil is how amateurs do it.

No matter what filter I remove, I never end up with oil everywhere. Spilling oil is how amateurs do it.

There we go!
Of course there's always the one who is better than everyone else.
Try removing a Audi A4 or A6 without spilling a drop of oil and you'll win the medal for the biggest bullshytter of the forum.

BTW, we were trying to help someone who doesn't even know what way to undo a bolt, not having a competition "mine is longer than yours".

Sponsored Links
Of course there's always the one who is better than everyone else. Could that person be you?
Try removing a Audi A4 or A6 without spilling a drop of oil
What makes you think I've not done that?
And if all else fails, resort to insults.

What makes you think I've not done that?
And if all else fails, resort to insults.
So you removed the filter on an A4 or A6 without dropping any oil, not even a drop.
Well, unless you work in the factory and dismantled an empty filter on an empty engine (never filled), you're talking boll@x.
Fact.
Next time I do mine I take a video to show how impossible it is not to drop any oil.
Or, look at videos on YouTube to understand how it works.

Have you done one on an Alfa 164 V6?

I'd love to see ANYONE do one of those without spilling some oil...
Where did I say that there was no spillage. I said "I never end up with oil everywhere" as there are ways to minimise spillage.
I don't want oil on my head, face, hair etc. I don't want it running up my arm and soaking my clothes and I don't want it lying on the exhaust or subframe of someone's car or, on the floor where I am working. Therefore, before undoing anything that is likely to make a mess, I do what whatever I can to prevent it.
It's not rocket science, one look at the filter will tell you what is going to happen when you loosen it so be prepared.
I'm not here to justify my existence by replying to have you ever done this that and the other? So, I'm not going to go down that road.

Where did I say that there was no spillage. I said "I never end up with oil everywhere" as there are ways to minimise spillage.
I don't want oil on my head, face, hair etc. I don't want it running up my arm and soaking my clothes and I don't want it lying on the exhaust or subframe of someone's car or, on the floor where I am working. Therefore, before undoing anything that is likely to make a mess, I do what whatever I can to prevent it.
It's not rocket science, one look at the filter will tell you what is going to happen when you loosen it so be prepared.
I'm not here to justify my existence by replying to have you ever done this that and the other? So, I'm not going to go down that road.

Ah… OK... so you do spill oil, but you do what you can to minimise that spillage. Fair enough. As it happens, I do that too, but maybe there are people out there who go out of their way to try to spill more than they need to? It was just when you said:
Spilling oil is how amateurs do it.
that I thought I might be missing a trick.

I said:

NOTE: THE FILTER MIGHT STILL BE FULL OF OIL, ESPECIALLY IF UPSIDE DOWN. PLACE RUGS AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO SPREAD OIL EVERYWHERE.

And you said:

"Spilling oil is how amateurs do it."

Then you realised your nonsense and removed that bit from your post.

The word spillage doesn't mean getting it all over the place.
Please don't try to alter the meaning of what I said to meet your agenda.

You said "getting it all over the place" and you also said "spilling oil is how amateurs do it". If you had said "getting oil all over the place is how amateurs do it", I don't think you'd have put anyone's back up. Nobody has altered any of your meaning, you just weren't clear.

no matter how hard I try (and I have done many many oil changes over the years) I still manage to get it about everywhere. That is why I got so excited about sucking it out earlier in the thread whilst wearing my best tuxedo - but no doubt that would have went pear shaped, a hose would have sprung loose and the black stuff would have sprayed as far as the neighbours washing line.

More boll@x!
Why did you edit your post then?
I specifically stated that rugs must be in place when removing the filter to prevent spillage.
You said "spilling oil is how amateurs do it" which is total boll@x.
As you are confusing the meaning of spillage with "getting it all over the place", here is the definition:

Spillage
/ˈspɪlɪdʒ/

noun
  1. the action of spilling a liquid, or the fact of a liquid being spilled.
    "packages are sealed to prevent spillage"
    • a quantity of liquid that has spilled or been spilled.
      "be proactive in cleaning up any spillages"
Can't see anywhere the words "all over the place"

Note: "a QUANTITY of liquid..." = a drop is some quantity.

Sponsored Links
Back