Vauxhall Vectra,2000 1.8 estate access to dashboard lights ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above model petrol, manual gb. I have been having problems due to alternator failure, battery leaking to flat. Replaced alt with scrap 1. No light showing on dash for battery at all , either before or after alt replacement. Mechanic advises bulb is integral in alternator function, but I cant access the bulb on dash display to check it or the wiring off this. Any ideas gratefully received. :?:

Sponsored Links
you should find a fuse for the alternator circuit F29 according to my diagrams 10 amp rated, check this first as ive never seen a faulty lamp to be honest.

Thanks for that. I had already tried checking fuse 29 as mechanic informed me of this. Strangely I have been checking via battery, and the alternator appears to be working as battery keeping 12.3 static and alt is throwing 14.2 when engine on. This is a little perplexing as this is how the car behaved prior to breakdown, ie all well and working.
I am thinking of running various electrical devices separately and reading battery to look for anomalies. Thank you for your help. KD.

Sponsored Links
Back