Vauxhall vivaro 1.9DI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one please advice i have a vauxhall vivaro 52 plate 63000 miles when driving along it cut out. Vauxhall do not know what is wrong with it and after a week have told me to take it to another garage they can not fix. They blamed it on an alarm which they fitted but are not qualified to repair, At the other garage they have told me it is not the alarm but are also struggling to find out what the problem is it has been two weeks and as a result i am unable to work with out my van. can any one help me please or have experienced the same problem still no update fron garage

Sponsored Links
I can't help you personally as my experience only extends to pre common rail diesels but if you try 'Honest Johns' forum there are a lot of people on there with experience of modern diesels.

Just out of interest did you drive through any standing water before she died? The force of the water often moves the fuel pipe backwards.

Have seen several Vivaro/Traffics where the fuel pipe under the van running along the o/s chassis is bent backwards slightly causing it to kink. This reduces the flow of fuel and will stop it from starting. The kink occurs just above the tank towards the front of the vehicle. To rectify pull it forward until kink straightens out and then cable tie tightly in place to stop it happening again.

Sometimes the simplest things are missed by even the best of garages.

They blamed it on an alarm which they fitted but are not qualified to repair, At the other garage they have told me it is not the alarm but are also struggling to find out what the problem is
That's good of them! Taking your money to install the alarm and then just "sorry not qualified to repair" when you have a problem! I assume the work is no longer under warranty? If it is then they should find someone to sort it themselves (although they might then says it's something else!) Is it possible to disconect the alarm - how is this linked to the vehicle cutting out anyway? Does it cause the immobiliser to react and cut off the engine?

Have you tried contacting the alarm manufacturer? They might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Sponsored Links
They blamed it on an alarm which they fitted but are not qualified to repair, At the other garage they have told me it is not the alarm but are also struggling to find out what the problem is
That's good of them! Taking your money to install the alarm and then just "sorry not qualified to repair" when you have a problem! I assume the work is no longer under warranty? If it is then they should find someone to sort it themselves (although they might then says it's something else!) Is it possible to disconect the alarm - how is this linked to the vehicle cutting out anyway? Does it cause the immobiliser to react and cut off the engine?

Have you tried contacting the alarm manufacturer? They might be able to shed some light on the matter.

I have contacted the Manufacturer of the alarm and they have told me and the vauxhall dealer that the alarm is not causing the problem. As vauxhall could not fix they told me to take it too another garage that will be able to repair it. The other garage has now had it for a week hopefully when i go to see them in morning it will be fixed when i eventually find out what was wrong with the van i will post a note here for all to be adviced

Can any one please advice i have a vauxhall vivaro 52 plate 63000 miles when driving along it cut out. Vauxhall do not know what is wrong with it and after a week have told me to take it to another garage they can not fix. They blamed it on an alarm which they fitted but are not qualified to repair, At the other garage they have told me it is not the alarm but are also struggling to find out what the problem is it has been two weeks and as a result i am unable to work with out my van. can any one help me please or have experienced the same problem still no update fron garage
Just to let you know that took it to a independent garage and they found fault it was fuel pump question now is are vauxhall machanics trained properly?

Back