vax upright hoover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,yet another problem with my household appliances,my vax upright hoover cuts out after 10 mins of using it,could this be the brushes on the motor and if it is,is it worth repairing or just cheaper and easier to buy a new 1

Sponsored Links
The filters could need replacing or you could have a restricted airflow.

If the motor does not get enough of an airflow through it to cool it it will overheat. It has a thermal cut out to help prevent damage to the motor.

If you keep using it though it will kill the motor.

Check all filters and pipework

I have the same hoover and recently found one of the motor brushes was partially stuck, so only just making contact but obviously resulting in overheating. Removed brush generally cleaned motor and did as poster above.

Oh be careful with the motor housing seals they are delicate.

thanks olly and leccy,have taken your advice on board,i have a project for saturday morning now,thanks again for your help

Sponsored Links
While you are at it thoroughly clean the porous dust collector as it will be clogged with old dust - You might notice quite a difference afterwards!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back