Vaxxers read this. Link provided

None of those answer if they are approved or not.
guess you missed this sentence .
Scabies is a frequent condition seen in infants and children. Only topical treatments have been approved in infants, but some of them are poorly tolerated. Oral ivermectin is approved for the treatment of scabies in several countries

Sponsored Links
guess you missed this sentence .
Scabies is a frequent condition seen in infants and children. Only topical treatments have been approved in infants, but some of them are poorly tolerated. Oral ivermectin is approved for the treatment of scabies in several countries
In the UK?

Because the BMJ link you gave was for off label use, eg. not approved.
and its use in children weighing < 15 kg is off-label

Last edited:
thats not what you asked you asked if it was approved to under 18`s under any circumstances which it clearly is around the world
I edited so you might not have seen but you haven't show it's approved, because the use described as off label. EG not approved use.

But if that's the criteria, then great, Pfizer is approved for use in children.

Sponsored Links
I edited so you might not have seen but you haven't show it's approved, because the use described as off label. EG not approved use.

But if that's the criteria, then great, Pfizer is approved for use in children.
of label is for the infants not the under 18`s

of label is for the infants not the under 18`s
Infants are under 18, on average 15Kg is somewhere around 3 years old. So we know it isn't approved for under 3s. It's also not approved for Covid, obviously. Unlike vaccines, or Regeneon.

Ivermectin is being used off label and at dosage rates untested for human consumption.

and there are no major quality studies that prove efficacy.

there is tons of misinformation being spread about ivermectin - especially by you tubers trying to build their channels.

for a balanced discussion here is Tim Spector
:eek: Oh the irony

Last edited:
Ivermectin: Something of a summary here, several pages: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8203399/

You can find a large number of respectable trials which say it helps, prophylactically as well as therapeutically.
You can also find a number which were too good to be true, and apparently have at least some fraud going on (eg a big well known Egyptian trial).
Surely they can't all be faked?
There are also trials (sorry no link) which say no, it has no useful benefit.

It's a drug which has been used for a significant time in humans for other purposes, so it's not new on the block.
I don't have a link for this but I read that it was being widely recommended and found useful in India until their drug authority said it shouldn't be used because it isn't Approved.

It's pretty well understood, in terms of the biology, as to how it works/ helps. I havent read of problems except in overdose.
It's very cheap, or it was until recently.

It seems to me that in a monitored hospital situation "we" the world, at least where alternatives aren't available, could be using it.

Don't worry.

The antivaxxers won't use vaccines which have been through multiple double blind, scientifically controlled trials by reputable hospitals and universities, and used on hundreds of millions of patients.

So obviously they won't touch some crackpot remedy with not a millionth of the testing and appraisal.

That would be crazy, wouldn't it?

Have a read before you declare it to be crackpot, John. Look at how it works in antiviral applications, it's not spurious at all. As I daresay you know it's the "cytokine storm" which finishes people off, and IVM does act against that, with understood mechanisms. If I hadn't had a vac and was in ICU gasping, I'd want it.

It's been used for 40 years. That's something you can't say of the vaccines. This https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22535622/ discusses its use against yellow fever and others, 9 years ago.
I'm pretty confident there won't be any serious post-vaccine problem raising its head in years to come, but it's like the producing-a-baby joke ; you can't do a 10 year test by testing on 10 different people for one year.

I find it unsettling that the attitude to IVM is a blanket, "NO, because it hasn't got an approval".
Paracetamol doesn't have an approval for use against Covid 19 either! Nobody's saying you can't use it.

"Hey, I've got a potentially fatal viral disease that attacks the lungs!"

"No prob, mate, I've got some horse-worming tablets here. They'll see you right."

Barmy crackpot.

Have a read before you declare it to be crackpot, John. Look at how it works in antiviral applications, it's not spurious at all. As I daresay you know it's the "cytokine storm" which finishes people off, and IVM does act against that, with understood mechanisms. If I hadn't had a vac and was in ICU gasping, I'd want it.

It's been used for 40 years. That's something you can't say of the vaccines. This https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22535622/ discusses its use against yellow fever and others, 9 years ago.
I'm pretty confident there won't be any serious post-vaccine problem raising its head in years to come, but it's like the producing-a-baby joke ; you can't do a 10 year test by testing on 10 different people for one year.

I find it unsettling that the attitude to IVM is a blanket, "NO, because it hasn't got an approval".
Paracetamol doesn't have an approval for use against Covid 19 either! Nobody's saying you can't use it.
Ivermectin hasn't been demonstrated to work yet.

It's in the same situation that Hydroxycholoroquine was a year or so ago. Some low quality studies say it helps, bigger better quality studies imply it doesn't but very few large high quality studies have reported results. It's common for smaller low quality studies to show positive results that disappear when done well.

If it were being used responsibly (in addition to proven treatment and vaccination as part of a clinical trial) then I'd have no issue with it, but it isn't. Antivaxers are
using it instead of proven treatment and are doing so before sufficient data comes in.

It's a drug which has been used for a significant time in humans for other purposes, so it's not new on the block.
It isn't new, but some of the suggested dose regimes are new. Either for a longer time than previously studied or in higher doses. Or both.

Plus it is now going to be used with other medications that won't have been given with it. Dexamethasone, Tocilizumab, Regeneron, Remdesivir (although that might drop off the standard of care as it seems to be ineffective) etc. I don't know the side effects of each, or the possible issues with taking both Ivermectin and the standard of care, but some medications should not be mixed.

The majority of Ivermectin studies suggest it is to be used in early stages prophylactically. At that stage there is no cytokine storm, in fact drugs that have been shown to reduce or prevent cytokine storms are dangerous if you use them too early as they suppress the immune response. Even when there's a plausible mechanism, like Hydroxycholoroquine, it doesn't always pan out. In fact normally it doesn't pan out, there are far more potential treatments than effective treatments.
As a treatment for pain where it does have approval, sure, but no one is suggesting that it is a cure for Covid.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back