VCW GB 242 EH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know what this difference is for on the new Main PCB board for a vcw gb 242 eh?

The new board is on the left and the thing I am referring to is the white 3 pin plug on the board bottom left.

The plug was attached new as shown (making connection to position II which goes nowhere)...whereas the plug on my old board was making a connection to position I which goes off to the thermostat wire named 4 (there is 3 & 4 on the board for attachment of the thermostat)

Plus on the back of the new board there is a piggyback connection board to connect further lines on the bottom daughter board connection.

Be nice to know what the change is for and if I need to place the white plug in the same position as the original board.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• New board 13 0241vs old front.jpg
    New board 13 0241vs old front.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 39
  • new board 13 0241vs old back.jpg
    new board 13 0241vs old back.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Spangles, the boiler you have is over engineered, built like a brick out house and operates like no other boiler
It will defeat many heating engineers who will instead say ‘better going for a new boiler’
You are tinkering with a boiler that is quite complex.
There are a few guys you are king when it comes to this model but you will need to search for them.
You are changing parts which are unlikely to be defective.
Have read you previous post. You do not need to blow into a tube to see if the flame gets bigger- boiler tells you state of the flame.
You are opening things that are working correctly as you do not recognise the defect or how to locate it

1677090212530.png

Dp, thanks for the input, I agree the boiler is a tank and is 1988-95 build. The old girl is still looking good with quite a few new parts over the last 35 years. There are bound to be a few more parts go wry and hopefully not the expensive ones. I found the answer in my VCW manual as above. The plug needs to be in position 2 same as the old board. Have a good week guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back