Vectra 1.8 petrol 2004 EML light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my recently acquired Vectra, the 'Engine' symbol now fails to light when ignition switched on. It was OK for one day after purchase, then did not light the next, then OK the next, now not lighting again. Anyone know what may be the cause of such intermittent failure please? I shall return to garage I bought it from, but thought I would seek opinion here as well, as forum members have been helpful in the past, thank you.

Sponsored Links
I think most people would be glad it doesn't come on :D But seriously it's probably either a faulty bulb or a loose connection on the instrument panel. How you change it or get to it though, I have no idea.

Crickleymal, took car back to dealer, he said will change it for me next week, 'not a ten-minute job' were his words.

Dealer took out the bulb, checked it all, and said it was a loose connection. Worked OK for two days, then not on when ignition switched on, as before. I am beginning to think there is a fault in the ECU, it needs a diagnosis by plugging-in the relevant software, etc. Pity this was not evident when I tested the car. Back to dealer next week again.

Sponsored Links
Does it effect the driving of the car? If not, don't worry about it. I had 2000 vectra with EML on for a full year and it was fine.

Does it effect the driving of the car? If not, don't worry about it. I had 2000 vectra with EML on for a full year and it was fine.

Then you won't be getting a pass on your next mot ,as it's part of the test now.

Back