vectra tailgate electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a leak into the boot of my Vectra hatch via the hole for the tailgate wiring. Unfortunately, in order to replace the leaky rubber hose, I had to cut off the 2 connectors to the tailgate wiring.

It was only after cutting that I noticed 2 wires in one of the connectors were the same colours, black and yellow. According to my wiring diagrams this is for the central locking motor.

Are these wires the same? I have no way of knowing which way round they were originally connected. I am wondering if this is simply the positive central locking wire looping from the tailgate lock to another lock. In this case I could connect them either way.

Any suggestions?

2001 1.8 Vectra hatch.

Sponsored Links
Problem solved with help of Haynes wiring diagram, which was accurate, and multimeter + a bit of educated guesswork. Electrics work and boot is dry!

Anyway. If anyone has a leak into the nearside boot area of a Vectra hatch I would suggest looking at the rubber hose/gaiter on the top nearside of the boot aperture. The seal had failed on mine allowing rain water to trickle in, down the wiring bundle, and end up in the back corner of the boot.

It is not easy to replace as you have to take out half the boot trim and cut the connectors from the wiring bundle. Learn from my mistake, some of the wires are the same colour. Label before you cut!!

Sponsored Links
Back