Veissman - should i be worried?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vitodens 050-W

Only installed 13 months ago. After 3 months we discovered the one way valve failed, and the cistern in the loo was being filled full of hot water drawn down the feed pipe the wrong way (feed came from a rising main in the former outside loo, and then split off to feed the boiler on one leg of the tee, and to fill the cistern for the loo / outside tap from the other leg) - they came out and repaired that.

But now i've discovered the CH looks like it's on, but isnt actually on - we run the house pretty cool, with CH only set to 16, and have the enormous wood stove on most evenings, so havent noticed it until i went to kick the heating on as i couldnt be bothered to put the fire on, to see it was still set to manual of 21 degrees, which the wife had put on a week ago but because it hadnt kicked in we hadnt remembered to turn it off once it gets too hot.

Hot water works fine, so highly likely it's a divertor valve. I have a 10 year warranty, but surely i shouldn't have 2 component failures in 13 months? I paid a premium for high quality german engineering, and therefore reliability, not to have this kind of issue!

Is this common? Should it be happening? Should i be expecting modern manufacturing to fall apart after 5 minutes or am i justified in my disgruntlement? I specifically went down the boiler route instead of heat pump to avoid complicated and expensive mechanical repairs all the time!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back