Velux drip between flashing and frame??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've installed my own velux's with EDW flashing and mendip tiles, pitch is 17 ish.
After heavy rain yesterday, I found a single drop of water, on the velux frame, which had appeared to run down between the flashing upstand and the frame. No issues on the tiling and felting side, this is more like an issue with the flashing itself. When I throw half a bucket of water straight into the side flashing channel, it also comes through in the same place, like it's "overflowing" over the flashing upstand against the frame. I'm a bit baffled as cannot see how I've fitted the kit wrong, instructions are clear and I can't really see how you could get it wrong.
To be clear the issue is not water getting under my tiles, it's coming down the outside edge of the window frame. Any thoughts always appreciated!
pic attached of where the water's getting in ...........
Cheers
John

Attachments

• velux.PNG
    velux.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 372
Sponsored Links
Are you able to take a picture of the window from the outside?

IMG_1562.jpg
Capture.PNG

Pics attached - water's coming in where I've drawn the blue arrow - not under the tiles but between frame and flashing

Identified where it’s getting in, right in top corner (see pic), getting little beads of water when totally flooding the top corner with the hose. Baffled as to what I’ve done wrong unless I’m just soaking it too much.

Attachments

• ECF96620-AE0D-4D25-8DE8-066357F2200F.jpeg
    ECF96620-AE0D-4D25-8DE8-066357F2200F.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 367
Sponsored Links
Thanks. yeah It’s definitely leaking on the right hand side. It’s coming in little drops down between the frame and the flashing, so it’s getting up and over somehow. Can’t figure it out so I’ll probably end up stripping it out and re doing (got 3 other windows and they’re all ok)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back