Velux flashing: EDZ vs EDW for 16 degree pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought EDZ flashings to be used with Velux windows as instructed by my builder, roof to be fitted with Marley Mendip tiles.

The roof has a pitch just over 16 degrees, and I now see that EDZ is intended for 20 degrees plus, whilst EDW is for 15 degrees plus.

The builder is insistent that he and his roofer have used EDZ with no problem on low pitch roofs before.

What problems might we encounter if we go ahead with the EDZ flashings? Are problems likely? Will we have leaking windows in five years or so?

It's a nuisance as I've got to post the flashings back, but I'd rather get it right.

Are the EDW flashings uglier? Do they create a bigger rise in the tile as it approaches the window?

Dave

Sponsored Links
Outcome: I swapped the flashings for EDW type. I think I've got to believe Velux over my builder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back