Velux Problem Tile too thin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a problem with a project i'm managing in that the roofer hasn't left a wide enough tile to the side of the velux window. The BCO will not approve the tile slither for fear of in adequate fixing. We used leadmate to fix them down the side drainage verge and still the BCO is not happy!

Short of re-tiling what can be done?

Sponsored Links
what make of tiles are on the roof? there is a few types of tile where you can get tile and halfs.

Well our original BCO passed it fine, then his superior came around and said it couldn't be passed as he couldn't see how the tile was suitably fixed!

The tile is a double roman pantile

Sponsored Links
I've seen double romans, and I've seen pantiles, but I've never seen a double roman pantile.

Having a problem with a project i'm managing in that the roofer hasn't left a wide enough tile to the side of the velux window. The BCO will not approve the tile slither for fear of in adequate fixing. We used leadmate to fix them down the side drainage verge and still the BCO is not happy!

Short of re-tiling what can be done?

it is not the done thing but you could move the pantile over 6 inch and it would slot into a different groove . If there is a verge on the other side this would move the problem over to there idealy it would be great if you had a valley there . i would ask for a different BCO to come out some can be rather picky , as long as the tile is secure then job done. if this was slates i would agree with him but this is tiles he is wrong ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back