Velux roof window leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we had two velux roof windows fitted about 6 years ago and they have intermittently leaked on and off for years , I have thought that when it rains hard in one direction the rain goes under the tiles down the sides and gets it somewhere . They havent leaked for about 18months but one has now started leaking again . The tiles down each side arent right up to the window they stop just at the flashing vertical upstand . Should the tiles be closer to the window so that any rain that goes under wont go past the vertical upstand ???? the online flashing kit instructions arent brilliant . Any advice greatfully received

Sponsored Links
If memory serves, the little upstand bit, should be visible, the tiles chopped before it. Think mine are as I’ve described, but it’s dark now so can be 100% :!:

can you post a pic of yours?

Sponsored Links
If you have interlocking tiles then they butt the upstand .
Any other tile you may have the wrong flashing

They are interlocking Marley roof tiles and they butt up but there are gaps because of the underside profile of the tiles and I think that is the issue .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back