Velux window and flashing with britmet tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all!

I hope you are all having a good Easter weekend!, I know I am ]If you call 14 hour days working on your diy project :)

Anyway, I was hoping I could get some help. I am putting a new roof on my conservatory with a pair of Velux ggu mk04 0050 windows in.

The roof tiles i am using are britmet tileform slate 2000.

I have bought the EDL flashing kit for slate tiles which i think is wrong and I should have bought EDW. If I use the velux system and use the very similar Decra stratos it specs us the EDW too.

Does anyone know if I can get away with the EDL kit or should I not bother and get the EDW.

I am going to be framing for the Windows tommoro and could do with knowing how big I need to make my openings for 780x980 Windows (they are on back ordered and here kid next week)

Thanks to anyone who can help

I will add a few pics

Sponsored Links
I'm not even sure that Velux flashing kits will deal with prefab metal roof tiles. Have you spoken to Velux?

Your side trimming size is 40-60mm wider than the window. The top and bottom trimmer are fitted to suit. We usually fix ours retrospectively to suit the window.

Hi there.

Thanks for you're reply.

Back order I mean they was not in stock at the merchant and will be delivered next week.

I have found the spacing etc for the opening and built my roof to that spec ready for the Windows to be fitted into.

I am not sure on the height to set the Windows at though, do I wait until the battens are down and tiles on before I fix the window in or just measure it all?

The velux website spec system has the Decra tile systems and has the stratos which is almost the same tiles as mine and suggests the EDW flashings are used.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure on the height to set the Windows at though, do I wait until the battens are down and tiles on before I fix the window in or just measure it all?.
Yes, you set the Velux to the most suitable tile course. Your top and bottom Velux batten are measured off the last (bottom) course of tiles before the Velux.
You would normally fix the tile battens up to the point at where you want the Velux to start. Set the Velux top and bottom battens then fit the rest of the battens and/or fit the Velux.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back