Velux Window Blind Broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I have a Velux window in my loft room and it has the Velux blind fitted as well. A month or so ago I pulled the blind down and the metal puller came off and the material has just been hanging.

Today I took the blind down from the window - re-coiled the blind material onto the roller and refitted the metal puller. I have replaced all parts back at the window and now when I pull the blind it comes down but when I go to put the blind back up (open) the blind doesn't coil back into position it just ends up in a heap at the top of the window.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks Mark

Sponsored Links
Velux blinds are one of the most difficult window treatments to find, and you may have to order them online or by catalogue to find the style you want. Some dealers specialize in Velux blinds specifically, and they tend to have the best selection available. It may be wise to research styles online and then determine if your choice is locally available.

When you say metal puller I take it you mean the spring loaded sliding device on the blind rail that keeps the blind under tension as it moves up and down the window?

I had a similar problem when I moved into my house - if you speak to Velux technical assistance they are very helpful and sent me a pdf with diagrams to select the missing/broken part and then dispatched it to me free of charge!

I haven't got the phone number any more but I'm sure I found it from their website.[/url]

Thanks for the advice all.

Luckily I have fixed the blind - it involved taking it apart and re-coiling the spring - job done.

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Yes this happens quite alot with velux blinds, either due to wear and tear or heavy usage, the coil loses its taughtness and can loosen quite easily.

There are fix guides on the net but if you want to replace the blind and dont want to pay full velux prices, just do a search for velux style blinds on the net, plenty of great alternatives out there.

Hi there, to be completely honest with you the best solution would be to swap the blinds for shutters...that's what I did and I don't regret a single bit...a bit more expensive but no issues afterwards...

Good luck!!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back