Veneer coming away on hollow core door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sods law - after noticing damage to the bottom of my front door, I've also spotted that a couple of the hollow-core internal doors have veneer that is coming away from the door.

I intend to mention this to the landlord next time I see him, but I was wondering if this is something that can be fixed (with landlord permission) with a couple of small nails/tacks, through the veneer and into the edge of the door.

Also, I noticed that there appears to be no solid block covering the bottom of the door, so I can reach up through the bottom of the door into a hollow space with my finger - is this a normal thing?

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 144
Sponsored Links
no the door has been overly reduced
in other words they have removed more than the permitted amount from the bottom
in general you will have timbers bottom and top off around 20-25mm with a 5mm max removal
in general veneered doors tend to be cheap carp so i would not touch them as it will then be your responsibility to maintained

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back