Venetian blinds over window with secondary glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be fitting venetian blinds on some windows. The windows have secondary glazing so this means the blinds are going to need to come out about 4cm from the window frame so it will miss the secondary glazing. Also the gap between the top architrave and secondary glazing where you would usually fit the blind brackets is only approx 3cm so may need a thin type of bracket to fit in there. I would order the blinds soon but I don’t think the standard fitting brackets will be any good for this window. Is there a certain type of fitting bracket I could buy separately and use for this or are all brackets made specially for one type of blind? Otherwise if there is another way round the problem please let me know your ideas.

Sponsored Links
Fit a timber baton and paint white , will allow standard blind brackets to be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back