Vent pipe horizontal off tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm redoing my bathroom and am looking at the routing of the drainage pipework back to the sewer. Rather than running the original way, I have the opportunity to relocate the stack which will free up some room downstairs. This however will result in the vent pipe having to connect horizontally to the stack (so the waste will enter the tee from the right in section, drop to below, and the vent will connect to the left, exit out of the house and turn 90 degrees upwards).

I can't think of any reason that this will be a problem, but just want to make sure...

Sponsored Links
Any solids in the waste flushed from the right into the T may be moving too fast to drop down the T and these solids may end up in the left hand side. With no flow from the left hand side these solids will dry out and make a solid lump in thr left hand pipe.

Any solids in the waste flushed from the right into the T may be moving too fast to drop down the T and these solids may end up in the left hand side. With no flow from the left hand side these solids will dry out and make a solid lump in thr left hand pipe.
Good point. I don’t want any solid s*** stuck in my vent pipe...
What if I turned the tee and came out the top with a 90 through the wall and up?

Something like this,

soil branch.jpg

Sponsored Links
As in the photo above with soil pipe entering the swept side of the T (3 o clock position of photo) then put an m&f (street) elbow into the top socket and run that off to whatever location for your vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back