vent pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Can anyone please tell me what height the primary vent pipe from the F&E tank water line to the pipe highest point over the tank should be? I know that for the CWSC is about 250 mm. from the water line but i am not sure for the F&E tank. Also when you place a hot water cylinder in an airing cupboard, do you place it straight on the base of the airing cupboard or do you make a step and put it on it to avoid condensation underneath the cylinder? Your help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The higher the better, within reason. If you stick to the minimum prescribed height, you may find the pipe continuously spilling when there is a bit of blockage.
As for condensation on a cylinder, bit unlikely

The underside of the cylinder should be ventilated to prevent condensation and presumably possible corrosion. Ordinary floorboards with gaps would be sufficient. Otherwise some strips of wood should be placed underneath to raise the cistern slightly off the floor. Chipboard floors would be particularly vulnerable to damage by damp or leakage.

As for the vent pipe, the height required would depend on the relative positions of vent and feed connections on the pumped circuit, but in most cases something like 300mm should suffice.

Sponsored Links
The underside of the cylinder should be ventilated to prevent condensation and presumably possible corrosion. Ordinary floorboards with gaps would be sufficient. Otherwise some strips of wood should be placed underneath to raise the cistern slightly off the floor. Chipboard floors would be particularly vulnerable to damage by damp or leakage.

As for the vent pipe, the height required would depend on the relative positions of vent and feed connections on the pumped circuit, but in most cases something like 300mm should suffice.
Thanks chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back