vented heating to unvented ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
please can someone offer some advice on the following,
I currently have vented gas central heating, with a feed & expansion tank in the loft, and would like to change to an unvented system to gain more loft space.
Can I just seal the system by removing and capping the f&e pipes and install an Altecnik expansion vessel kit ?
Will my boiler, a Stelrad/Ideal W2000 be happy with this ?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
You can if the Ideal W2000 installation instructions permit it.

Generally, if a boiler is fitted with an inbuilt (eg: at the time of manufacture) separate overheat manually resettable thermostat then it is OK. By separate, I mean it has a user adjustable AND an overheat stat. Can't recall whether a W2000 has one.

The W2000 is getting on a bit anyway. We are pulling quite a few of these out these days. You could put the money for the altecnic kit towards getting a system boiler with the pressure vessel built in. It will be no bigger than the W2000 and be far more gas efficient.

Just a thought

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies.
Looks like I'll have to start pricing up a boiler with a built in pressure vessel.

Blod.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back