Vented Taps = Hens Teeth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a vented mixer tap for a small basin. I can find a few kitchen ones but very few, perhaps 3, smaller ones suitable for a cloakroom basin, let alone any small ones (tallish, shortish projection).

I've searched "vented mixer tap" and "open outlet mixer tap" but really not found much. Is there really not much choice out there or am I missing a magical search term to google with?

Sponsored Links
There isn't much choice I'm afraid, especially for mixer taps, however it should be possible to convert a standard tap into a vented one without too much effort

There isn't much choice I'm afraid, especially for mixer taps, however it should be possible to convert a standard tap into a vented one without too much effort

Good luck with that!!!

Much better to convert it to unvented & then fit any standard tap you want.

Sponsored Links
Don't give up yet - I saw one in a local PTS going in an old stock clearout.- I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon(y)

@ DIYWell

No "mixer" required, try a search for "dual flow"...there's plenty of choice.
Merging of varied pressure hot and cold streams, although there may be need for some obdurate adjustment of the feed with most flow.

Interestingly - I googled for vented mixers and the first two hits were - wait for it..... vented mixer taps ;).
Yeah, but I bet he doesn't like the look of that one ;)

OP - have you found a tap you like the look of, vented or not?

Well the one I found is a Heatrae Sadia Streamline 1000... number 95970320

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back