Ventilating inner walled bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason our house was designed with the bathroom on a completely inside wall and has suffered damp issues because of this. When we moved in I took out the old failing extractor fan and replaced it with a 100mm inline model which has made alot of difference however at times it still can be like a sauna in there (more so when the other half gets cold so jacks the heat up) so I thought about running a second vent over the shower with a Y piece just before the fan (the current is the opposite side of a small room) or having a secondary fan running to the same roof vent.

I have tried to think of a way of getting some natural ventilation but short of a velux window with some sort of tube I cannot see any options?

Just wondering if anyone else has any other solutions before I start buying stuff.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have inline 6inch fan connected via Y joint to twin vents above shower [no windows in room] works a treat, don't even get condensation on 6ft mirrored wall.
But how it's switched is also very important, internal room needs to have fan run whenever it's occupied so I switch with a ceiling mounted sensor, time switch, runs on for 5mins after exit,.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back