Ventilation - End Terrace House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a condensation problem in our end terraced house (old solid stone walls with no cavity).

We have had two damp surveys done both of which found that there was no damp in the walls (the wall was rendered externally about 5 years ago). So it seems it is likely that the wall is suffering due to the amount of condensation with it being a cold wall etc.

Will installing louvre vents help sort this out? If so where should we install them? There are no airbricks I can see at the bottom of the house and the only ventilation we have is extractor fans in the kitchen and bathroom downstairs and trickle vents on the windows upstairs.

The problem is particularly bad under the stairs and along the downstairs external wall in the living room.

Just to sound even more like a true novice if we do install louvre vents is it a case of drilling holes and knocking them through to fit an aluminium ducting then screwing the vent plates on either side of the wall?

Sorry for all the questions and for probably sounding like an idiot but please be kind I'm new and at the end of my tether!

Sponsored Links
Quickest way is a 110mm core drill and then fit cover, I use a smaller 50mmm core drill to vent cupboards which suffer form condensation and a small soffit vent cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back