Ventilation in porch - condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a porch on the front of my house which has at some point had a pvc door fitted to the front of the porch, effectively making a small room between the pvc front door and the original wooden front door. This measures approx 8ft high x 3 1/2ft wide x 6ft long. I am getting some damp on the wall towards the bottom which goes away if I leave the pvc door open, but I can't keep doing that. What I want to know is if I can add a couple of trickle vents to the pvc door frame to ventilate the porch? If this would provide enough ventilation, what sort of size + how many vents would I need to use, just to keep the porch aired out?
I don't really want to start knocking out holes for air bricks.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Anyone? I have same problem, or would a 4 inch core hole and grill be an alternative?

Would be better to start you own post.
Either insulate the walls to prevent them getting cold or add a couple of vents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back