Ventilation query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
could someone pls advise me on the rough cost and days of work involved regarding a mid terraced house:

the 1st floor has 2 bedrooms, one on the left and one on the right and in the middle is the bathroom, which does not have ventilation ( i mean no windows apart from a tiny ventilator) I wish to install one and was wondering how much would it cost. Thanks, pep.

p.s. I could see a loft but dont know if it is connected to the toilet[/img]

Sponsored Links
Could'nt really understand that. :eek:

So do you mean you want to install a window in the bathroom :?:

sorry bout that after posting it i realised it may be a bit difficult to understand

yeah a window or some sort of good ventilation from the outside of the house into the bathroom will suffice (whichever works out cheaper) dont like the tiny vents which make noise but dont do any cross exchange of fresh air. hope its clear. thanx

If it is a bathroom and has an external wall, the easiest (and best) thing would be to put an extractor in, linked to the light switch so that it comes on every time the bathroom is used. I get the impression you already have an air brick or something. If not you can make a 105mm hole in the wall with a core drill that you can hire. Line the hole with a plastic duct, fasten a weather cowl on the outside. Less than a day's work. As it is in a bathroom you will need an electrician who is a member of a self cerification scheme, most will be used to fitting extractors and drilling holes. He will also be aware of the zones which limit where the fan is allowed to be placed in relation to the bath or shower.

If access is difficult or existing wiring old or bad it will add to the work.

Sponsored Links
joh d that was such a generous explanation and thanx but unfortunately its a mid link terraced property meaning the only external contacts would be the front of the property and the rear and the bath is in the middle. cheers

Try google on Sunpipe........I think they make a vent type one as well as light

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back