Ventilation

I don't know if this is possible, but I could run duct from an external wall probably.... supplying outside air low in the room?

ther be your answer John.
wont be hard to do.

Sponsored Links
No, it's not really a business.

Just a hobby.

Sponsored Links
You ddair-ty auld maan. :eek:

steptoe.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: you need a passive vent........or maybe a bdsm dominatrix :eek: or a Punka Wallah

what are you heating the rooms with now if nothing then sounds like a air flow problem. if you vent outside prepare for higher heating costs next year.
First I would consider static air vents first , you know a hole in the wall from the cooler rooms at the floor and another at the ceiling to expell warmer air back to cooler rooms saving heat, cover holes with grills.
Circulation sounds better to me no fans required

crazycanuck said:
what are you heating the rooms with now if nothing then sounds like a air flow problem. if you vent outside prepare for higher heating costs next year.
First I would consider static air vents first , you know a hole in the wall from the cooler rooms at the floor and another at the ceiling to expell warmer air back to cooler rooms saving heat, cover holes with grills.
Circulation sounds better to me no fans required
the rooms don't need heat mate... they are not really rooms... just changing cubiles - think swimming pool type changing cubicle with a sunbed in it.

Are there firms that do (supply/fit) ventalation stuff like this?

thanks for all the replys even the carpet munching ones!!!

Nige F said:
:LOL: :LOL: you need a passive vent........or maybe a bdsm dominatrix :eek: or a Punka Wallah
passive is just a hole and pipe/ducted in from an external wall right?

it would be a good start to get "fresh" air in but would that be enough?
meaning... would the air be sucked in by the hot air pulling it?

yes, if you let the hot air rise up through a ceiling duct and through the roof with a ridge or tile vent

I think it was the BRA that trialled that method in bathrooms and found it took out the steam faster than an extractor fan (and cheap and silent)

JohnD said:
yes, if you let the hot air rise up through a ceiling duct and through the roof with a ridge or tile vent

I think it was the BRA that trialled that method in bathrooms and found it took out the steam faster than an extractor fan (and cheap and silent)
hmmm, interesting
what does BRA stand for john?

Building Research Astablishment, I thunk. Or it could be Essociation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back