Venting HW cylinders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for advice and ideas on how to run the vent for a pair of HW cylinders on an indirect open vented system.

The vent pipe from a pair of cylinders first has a run of 10 meters horizontal rising only 0.25m, before heading vertically 7m to the HW cistern.

The HW is on secondary circulation.

The options I'm considering are :

- running one 28mm pipe slowly rising along the 10m horizontal stretch before teeing off into a vertical vent and dropping downwards 0.25m secondary circulation circuit.

- Same as above, except fitting an air seperator at the end of the 10m to try and ensure air doesn't get pulled into the secondary circulation cicuit.

- tee off the initial 28mm horizontal vent coming from the cylinders for the secondary circulation with an inverted loop close to the cylinders. The remainder of the vent is then run in 22mm along the 10m horizontal/0.25m vertical stretch, along with the secondary circulation in 28mm.

What I'm looking for is an effective design to ensure air sticks to the vent rather than being pulled into the secondary circulation circuit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back