VENTING PROPANE GAS BOTTLE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IV RECENTLY COME UP WITH THE IDEA OF USING MY OLD PROPANE BOTTLE AND CONVERTING IT INTO A GARDEN WOOD BURNER,I WAS WONDERING HOW I WOULD GO ABOUT VENTING AND REMOVING THE VALVE.THANK YOU :evil:

===================================
please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
once the pressure is released, you should be able to unscrew the valve on the gas bottle. To ensure ALL gas has been removed, you could fill the bottle with water to displace any air/gas residue.

Salem.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT,NOW IV JUST TRIED TO SCREW THE VALVE OFF AND IT WONT BUDGE,IT SEEMS TO HAVE SOME TYPE OF THREAD CEMENT,WOULD THIS SOUND RITE TO YOU OR AM I BEING WEEK!! :LOL:

========================
please note forum rule 6

It might actually be a left hand thread?... Ive made coal/wood fires out of a fire extinguisher and a diving bottle, so good luck there. The inside will smell really awful but the gas will have escaped once its undone. It wont go bang the first time you light it... some tips, coal etc air from beneath wood air from top so maybe you need two air controllers.. and a gas bottle is much thicker than you think so use some good drills!

Sponsored Links
well your absolutely right...it was a left hand thread.doh! :oops:
Thank you very much for all the information,you've possibly saved my life :D .it worked a treat
b.lane

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back