venting upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've no vents... and I know I could get some fitted... but anyone ever seen a cage or lock that could be fitted to allow the window to be opened, but not fully?

Sponsored Links
You have no vents? Do you mean trickle vents in the head section of the window OR do you mean top or side opening vents?

Trickle vents can be retro fitted, bit of a pain routering slots in the window especially if its steel reinforced but if your willing to pay or do it yourself then its do-able.

If your asking can you leave you openers open on the night vent while you go out then i wouldnt recommend it for downstairs windows, you'll soon have some itchy fingered yob crow barring them open (which wont be hard)

If your asking can you leave you openers open on the night vent while you go out then i wouldnt recommend it for downstairs windows, you'll soon have some itchy fingered yob crow barring them open (which wont be hard)

crow bar is too much effort to lug round, breaking into the garden shed and getting a spade is the norm

Trickle vents can be retro fitted, bit of a pain routering slots in the window especially if its steel reinforced but if your willing to pay or do it yourself then its do-able.)

Willing but not at all able!

Yeah there are no vents at all... don't ask... and I can see that any other fitting would be a major security risk.

Maybe a wall vent at some point?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Trickle vents can be retro fitted, bit of a pain routering slots in the window especially if its steel reinforced but if your willing to pay or do it yourself then its do-able.)

Willing but not at all able!

Yeah there are no vents at all... don't ask...

So do you mean trickle vents? If so they're not that hard to fit, job for a double glazing doctor, vents are only £3/4 each

yeah trickle vents.

Its finding a window chat that the problem... shop up the road wanted £25 per window, and I wouldn't trust them to do it properly...

Blimey, how many windows?

Why cant original installers fit them, why werent they fitted initially?

Who knows, I've just moved in, and believe me noone would want to admit to installing these - terrible mess - there won't be any paper work supporting them. The previous owners didn't even have a gas safety certificate let alone any paper work to prove the boiler was fitted properly. Its a joy.

There are only 3 windows so its not a terrible amount

Ah, my next suggestion was to claim on the 10year insurance backed guarantee but if theres no paperwork then .........?

Hope you got it at the right price then! :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back