Veritas 8, 1 minute chime during power cut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Apologies if this has already been asked, can't seem to find an answer.

I have just recommissioned my veritas 8 alarm, everything working correctly. I had the battery checked at a battery shop and they said it is fine.
I have simulated an 230vac power loss by removing the supply fuse, the panel indicates a power loss and chimes every 1 minute, the siren does not sound so i'm assuming that the battery is doing its job of powering the system. But if there was an actual power cut in the middle of the night, that 1 minute chime to tell me i have had a power cut is going to wind me right up, is there a way of disabling it please?

regards

stu

Sponsored Links
If my system in turned on (when in bed ) there is no warning sound only if system is off.

Sponsored Links
the panel should have power, the warning is designed to alert you of the problem that needs to be addressed.

You can set the alarm with a power fault, in the usually way, but then pressing omit 0 prog (In the manual).
Has its been been set and acknowledged it doesn't sound, note if you leave the panel in this state you risk the external bell activating when the power of the battery is too weak to power the system, probably at the most inconvenient time.

No mains power the battery will eventually go flat, how long it will work on battery only depends on the size and condition of the battery and what it has to power, should the alarm activate when on battery only the power consumption will go up significantly.

secureiam, thanks for the info. I think if it ever happens i'll just put my ear plugs in :sleep:

cheers

stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back