Veritas 8 alarm panel (zone 7) is constantly red. Also how to change entry?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to part set an alarm (I kind of forgot I had) but zone 7 is constantly red (not flashing, it's fixed red). I know I can omit it.

I did a walk around, and zone 7 is the alarm panel (which has been buzzing more and more so I guess needs a new transformer. I took the cover off, strengthened the string, put it back, same issue. I took the cover off again (with the power on this time) and the alarm went off so it's not the same sensor.

What's likely to make it trigger?

Also how can I change the entry? At the moment as soon as I open the front door the alarm goes off (no warning). It's only an internal alarm though (I'm sure I'll post another thread asking how to change that)!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not making sense ....what’s wired into zone 7 on the alarm panel ? Also have you tightened the screws on the transformer ? X4 as they vibrate loose over the years

As far as I can tell, zone 7 *is* the alarm panel. That's the part that's beeping on a walk around. I'll check the screws, thanks.

Just to be a little clearer, the panel is away from the keypad, the keypad is next to the front door and the panel is next to the fusebox

Sponsored Links
If 7 is lit on the keypad ....then there is a fault with zone 7 ....it is NOT the panel !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back