Veritas alarm help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help please. I decided to change an outside light and when tripping the power off my alarm went off , so I’m assuming the battery in the mains needs replacing, I have had to shut it completely down, disconnected battery, pulled fuse out and had to take red wire for battery in alarm box out, so know it is completely deactivated, my question is when I first activated alarm by tripping fuse it would not accept my code at all hence the reason for me shutting it down completely so when I replace the battery and connect it all back up will it then accept my code or do I need an default code any help would be great...

Sponsored Links
Sparky, how long has the Veritas (8)? needed a reprogram after a mains & battery loss?

Have I missed something after all these years?

The early versions lost user code and defaulted back to factory reset when total power failure occurred.

Sponsored Links
Sparky, how long has the Veritas (8)? needed a reprogram after a mains & battery loss?

Have I missed something after all these years?

The clue word is "may"
9448 and 9448+ are supposed to keep the programming , but I know of at least 20 I've had to reprogram when the battery was shafted and they have had a mains fail

Hi thanks for help my manual says it’s a R8 plus been in about 13 years know...

So after I install new battery what’s is the best sequence to do it connect bell box battery then mains battery then put cover on and put mains power back on, and what will happen after this if it doesn’t accept my code ... Just don’t want to be faced again with alarm blurting out...

Power up mains first ....does it A Turn off with your original code
B. Turn off with 4321 ?
If A replace battery , reconnect bell ....all done
If B reprogram, test , replace battery , reconnect bell and test ..

Thanks sparkymarka just done as you said it turns off with B 4321 so I will follow manual instructions know for a reprogram

So with reprogram will I need to totally set up the system from scratch or is it just a case of putting entering a new passcode and it will work as before...

It will need reprogramming depending on your layout ....just remember we don't know what devices you have , what zones they are on , which way you come into the house , what you set at night .....ect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back