Veritas alarm keypad unresponsive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We had a power cut and now the keypad is unresponsive. There are no lights on apart from the keypad backlight. Nothing happens when I press any of the buttons. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thank you

Sponsored Links
backup battery has died

replace the battery is my first suggestion, 12v 2.3ah will fit and be fine for most systems using the Veritas panel

first things first though, remove the mains from the panel using the fused spur, remove the backup battery inside the control panel (larger white plastic box on the veritas) and apply power again and see if that gets it working before buying a new battery

it's common for lower end panels like this to lock up with a dead battery upon mains failure and have the battery drag the system down

backup battery has died

replace the battery is my first suggestion, 12v 2.3ah will fit and be fine for most systems using the Veritas panel

first things first though, remove the mains from the panel using the fused spur, remove the backup battery inside the control panel (larger white plastic box on the veritas) and apply power again and see if that gets it working before buying a new battery

it's common for lower end panels like this to lock up with a dead battery upon mains failure and have the battery drag the system down
Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back