Veritas alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just installed veritas excel alarm with odessey bell box.
All seems to be working, but the strobe on the bell box flashes every 15 to 20 seconds is the how it works..?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
what colour?

comfort leds flash side by side two of them

strobe should not be on, you need a user reset to turn that off after an activation

I've got the installation manual with all the codes, cant see a code to reset?.
Can see a sounder , strobe switch code
05 5 4 3 2 1 reset

When you look at the user manual you will see how to set I set etc etc and how to reset after n alarm event.

05 is a test menu where you can test the bell strobe internal sounder etc.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I've tried to reset the alarm, by entering my code, but still the strobe illuminates every 10 secs .

if the user reset isnt working.
So you can see the strobe and the comfort leds?

if you remove the strobe wire from the panel end does the bell stop strobing.

I would take the bellbox down and try it on a short piece of cable at the panel.

You are back to the same probably a short on the cable potentially.

Do you have any spare cores?
Pictures before you unplug it all would be useful.

Thank you for your help.
I double checked each cable over and over again, couldn't find a short circuit . Then when you suggested I might have, I checked again, and guess what there was .
I think i know where it might be, the person who installed the alarm ran cables along the carpet gripped on the stairs.
Thanks

Going to run a new cable over the next few days. Just goes to show even though I checked the cables, I did check them enough.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back