Veritas R8 Plus Can I...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Veritas R8 installed at our property.
We have recently erected a shed to the side which is used infrequently.

If I add wiring and a sensor and make it a new zone, can I configure it so that it is alarmed all the time unless I unset it?

I am guessing I could make it a "part set" but am unsure if this will affect the day to day setting of the house part.

We usually use a Full set if we go out, unless we are leaving the dog at home, in which case we omit her zone!

Sponsored Links
As sparkymarka says.

If you want the external bell to ring when its part set you will need to change the settings accordingly.

No part set only or use a keyswitch to short it out and make it a 24hr zone

Thanks guys but this has gone right over my head.

If I made it a 24hr zone, are you saying that the key switch would be used to disarm it? Would the key switch go near the panel?

Regarding the external bell, would that not go if I have part set only?

Sponsored Links
Two options depending on how old the panel is . One set up part set 2 so only the she'd is armed also inc the shed in full set and part set. So when you get home you disarm system then arm part 2 if you then use part set 1 (bed time) you will have to disarm part 2 then part arm 1 as normal..... All this depends on what your alarm is set as !

2 fit a keyswitch on shed or a zone omit module and have the shed zone set to 24 hr ......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back