Veritas R8 - un-setting itself overnight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Veritas R8 alarm, more and more often these past couple of months, when I have come downstairs in the morning the alarm has not been set. I know 100% that I set the alarm on part set the previous night.

This has happened twice this week alone. Assuming these have control panels have a small battery (like a watch battery) on the PCB somewhere?

Could this be a symptom that the battery could need replacing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No battery on the board.
Not heard of this happening before, are you sure it is setting correctly on part set ?
Could try replacing the rechargeable battery in the panel (should be changed every 3-4 years) but it may not cure your problem.

Never heard of it either.

Normally if a Veritas loses all power, it powers back up and starts to full set the system.

Try part setting and wait at the keypad until its complete and test it out. Unset and rest it a few times. See if you can reproduce the fault when you not just going to bed.

May need to give the buttons a clean, maybe its not registering the part set some nights.

Let us know if replacing the back up battery solves your problem. A battery thats low can cause the system to behave strangely, but not heard it being a hitand miss affair with part setting.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have a look at what the battery type is and buy one.

Need to find the engineer code before taking off the front panel. I know I have it somewhere!!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have a look at what the battery type is and buy one.

Need to find the engineer code before taking off the front panel. I know I have it somewhere!!!!
No you don't, use your own.

Open panel, silence sounder with your code

Change battery

Close panel, enter your code to bring back to day/off mode

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back