Vermont Castings Intrepid Gas stove fire

Brilliant, thanks, just what I was after a spec for the thermal switch.

Don't worry I won't be doing this myself - I'm just trying to source the part for the engineer to fit. Part of the problem I am told its a fire out job to remove it just to visually look at it for fitment etc which hasn't been done yet, but the ebay ones above, and other images I have seen all seem to be the same fitment style, so that increases confidence. I may see if I can get an angled screwdriver in to remove, although it may be behind a case and that why it needs to be pulled away from the wall to remove that first.

I am tempted to go for the Kinder/Flavel unit. I would imagine this is the same fitment and rated to the same temperature.

I am really annoyed at BFM, they won't even give me the part number of the apparently obsolete and out of stock part, which just leads me to think that they don't want to help Vermont Casting customers as it doesn't reflect on them but VC, which they are no longer involved with. Its only once you do some digging you discover the fire case is VC, but the burner assembly is Kinder BFM.

Sponsored Links
Hi all. Sorry to bring this one back from the archives but it's exactly what I'm after too. Model number is 950/0095.

As well as the thermal switch I'm also in need of a thermocouple and interuptor block for this fire. Any suggestions as to where I might find one, gas engineer hasn't found it easy.

Desperate to avoid replacing the stove for the sake of a few hard to come by parts. Help appreciated !

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back