Vertical Flue issues...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead Ace High Boiler. It expels through a horizontal flue. I am building a conservatory. I need to covert the horizonal flue into a vertical flue. I only need it to go up 50 centimetres. BUT..can I get a plumber to do it? Not a chance! One plumber told me that it isn\\\'t possible and I need a new boiler (My current one is only a year old). Any ideas? Help.

Sponsored Links
If you are building a conservatory and you are only looking to extend the flue 50cms....... I smell a rat.

I think what you are saying is that in your opinion the job is easy but in the view of qualified professionals they beg to differ.

No doubt they have explained about how a vertical flue projects into the conservatory and will also need to terminate a minimum distance from the vertical wall.

These two facts conspire to make it difficult and very unsightly to route existing flues vertically through conservatory roofs, before you even consider the weathersealing of the panel.

We can't see your conservatory but your best bet is to take advice and heed it from those that have. The smaller the height difference, the more difficult/impossible your task is going to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back