Horizontal Flue for Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28

5 Oct 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Just bought a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 boiler from a newly constructed flat nearby. It came with a vertical flue but I need a horizontal flue.
There are so many horizonal flues for Vaillant boilers, all marked as "standard". Part numbers (in order of price) also vary: 127100 (RSF flue kit 800 mm), 303 807, 303 933, 0020219517.

Are they all compatible with my boiler?

Thanks for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Why not ask the Gas safe registered engineer who is going to install the boiler for you?

After all he has to accept responsibility for it's safety.
Is it mandatory to buy the flue/ parts from the Gas safe registered engineer?

Not sure how a gas safe engineer buying the same flue would enhance the safety aspecto_O
No, a flue can be bought by anyone and anywhere.

BUT, a flue can only be installed by a gas registered person.

As you are expected to have an RGI to fit your boiler then he will need to be sure that the flue is the correct one for your boiler and will take responsibility for it's safety.

So best to let the installer advise you of the correct one to buy.

Or are you planning to fit the boiler yourself?
Sponsored Links
No I won't be installing this myself.

The RGI I plan to use has "supply and fit" and "install only" quotes for boiler installations.
Since this is "install only", I intend to have all the parts for him before he can install, that includes a "compatible clock" too that I am yet to buy!

Hope someone can help me with these part numbers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local