Vaillant ecoTec Pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to all for their contibutions regarding my recent combi boiler posting. We've just had BG's Engineer in who recommends Vaillant ecoTec Pro 28. Does anyone have any alternatives to recommend or comments about this particular piece of kit? Secondly, we knew they would price high but over £4.5k is a bit steep.

Sponsored Links
This boiler is one of Vaillant's budget model, it is still quite good though.

My personal choice would be the ecoTEC+ 831 or 837 depending on DHW requirements.

Don't get it installed by BG though :rolleyes:

More important than the boiler is the quality of the installation.

Thanks, DHW? I guess you mean how much direct hot water we will be running. Well I guess the more the better with 3 women in the house!

DHW-Domestic hot water.

More kw more hot water, however your incoming mains should be adequate, for example a boiler which delivers 15lpm would not give 15lpm if the incoming mains is anything below 15lpm. Also the gas pipe must be sized correctly.

lpm-Litres per minute.

Sponsored Links
I would certainly go for the 831 over the pro 28 anyday.

If you have baths more than showers, or like to feel 'sand blasted' in the shower and have at least 18 l/min and preferably about 2 Bar cold mains pressure, then the 837 will give more HW delivery.

Unfortunately the 837 is physically bigger and will most probably need a larger gas supply pipe from the meter.

Assuming BG have quoted for a boiler change only, you will probably find that a good local independant will supply and fit the same boiler and other components that BG make sound fantastically exclusive to them, for around £2600-£2800 plus VAT.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back