very cold rad

thanks oilman;didnt realise that spelling or grammer would be an issue ,since i was asking for help with central heating problems,and get nothing but abuse.anyway changed the valve on it and bled the system down,now none of the radiators downstairs are heating up good especially the one where i changed the valve the is luke warm anymore tips please

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
grammar is obviously not the posters strong point, neither it would seem is reading, the spelling is terrible (i say reading because there is a spell check button that most people seem to think is
r decoration only)
PS BY THE WAY DID YOU HAVE A DICTIONARY FOR TEA

Have you tried shutting down the radiator valves that's hot and okay then make sure the cold radiator valves that you're having problems is open on both side and see what happen.Sounds like a blockage or sludge problems to me.

What diameter pipes do you have?
Have you bled air from all bleed valves, including those not on radiators?

Sponsored Links
the diameter of the pipes is 9ml,the radiator is heating up a bit now,but it is not convecting heat like the others

The pipe diameter you have is notorious for giving problems, and it doesn't take much to block it. If they are put in with a slight kink, that makes it worse. It would be worth taking the radiator off, and using a hose to force water up both of the pipes to clear any blockage, if it will shift. If it won't, then you will need to find out where it is in the pipe and push something like a curtain wire up it to clear it.

Once you have cleared the blockage you can use a system cleaner to move the last of the debris. Trouble is, when it's blocked, you can't get the chemical to the point that's blocked.

thanks for your reply.i will try that over the weekend.why do you think that there is no heat convecting out the top of the radiotors,ie only livingroom and front room.livingroom rad hot to touch but does not convect heat from top and front room warm and no heat convecting from top.also return valve pipe is warm and no more

shazzy32 said:
also return valve pipe is warm and no more
When you bled the radiator does the water come out of the bleed valve and the top half of the radaitor eventfully get hot ? if so that incidate the water is not getting away on the return side and also make sure the return rad valve is fully open (you could take the cover off and check the rad valve splindle is in up positionfully) I agreed with Oilman,sounds like a blockage on the return side circulation or a blockage in the radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back