very old patio door handle - needs replacing. ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old (20+ years) patio door handle is falling apart. Really need to replace it but finding it impossible to find parts. Any help much appreciated. Or alternative suggestions. The door itself works fine and I don't have £3000 to replace it!!

Sponsored Links
Either search for 'offset door handle' (the offset being to allow access to the keyhole) or just search for patio door handle. There are over 600 designs listed on ebay for example. It does not have to be identical, it just needs to have either screw holes and lock hole to match your dimensions, or matching screw holes with an offset to allow access to the keyhole.

Sponsored Links
Some old handles can be tricky/impossible to find, If you have no luck you could try taking the old handle to a local metal workers place. Someone who can weld aluminum may be able to repair it.

£3k for a patio door? Must have been one of the national company's, I fit pvc patios for around £650.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back