Very poor output from taps and shower - Please advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have submitted this question on another forum but so far I haven't been able to resolve this problem.

I have an ongoing problem with the water flow from my mixer taps and shower. Only the flow rate from the mains-supplied kitchen cold tap is acceptable. Over the last 2 - 3 months the output from the other mixer taps has gradually decreased and it seemed likely that my booster pump had developed a fault. When the taps are turned on there was a reasonable - not great - output for about a minute and then it decreased rapidly. Turning on 2 taps leaves barely an output from either. Flushing the loo also cuts out the flow from a running tap. However, this morning, I noticed the mixer tap in the bathroom has no output at all if hot is fully turned on.

A new variable speed pump was installed last week but this hasn't improved things. Another plumber spent all afternoon yesterday trying to remedy the problem without success, which was as frustrating for him as it is for me. He thinks there is a massive air-block but can't see how to resolve it. He is going to ask around to see if any of his fellow plumbers have had similar experiences.

I now think it possible that there was nothing wrong with the old pump but can't be sure.

If anyone can advise on this it would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks and regards,

Nick

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back