Very rough idea of cost needed

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What is the approx cost of adding a new door and window to external side wall?

2002 brick and block house with cavity wall (filled with foil only). One electric point to move (possibly, might be able to work round that). Want a "back door" with glazed top half and next to that, a window. Nothing fancy, just solid, secure, pvc etc. Guess it'll need an RSJ and building control sign off? Just after a very rough idea of cost before I post job. Easy access to house on side, room for skip etc.

Approx cost of removing a conservatory

Conservatory has a low brick wall, measures about 4m by 3m. Might want to re-use parts for a lean-to. Just after a very rough cost. Assume easy access for mini digger, electric point, space for a skip, etc.

These two jobs are not directly related.

In Essex. Just after a very rough idea really, like between £500 - £2000 or £5000-£50,000 etc.

Sponsored Links
If it's serviceable then put the conservatory on ebay - buyer collects. Worked well for me.

What, they dismantled it themselves? That sounds like a plan!

Yeah too right, BUYER DISMANTLES! If you dismantled it what's to say all the parts are there or some you could of damaged while taking apart, at least if the buyer can see that it's still erected then he or she'll know all the parts are there, if they damage anything then it's their problem

Sponsored Links
I like the sound of this!

Yep. They'd done it before too and fine from 90 miles away. I think it's a pretty established market.

As crank says, buyer dismantles/labels stuff the only sensible way of doing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back